Far from food in versus energy out, weight loss can be challenging and complex. Rather than just masking symptoms or providing a ‘quick fix’, I use well – researched protocols to assist you in losing weight in a healthy manner, keeping it off, and feeling great and energetic.
Dietary advice and supplements are carefully chosen to help you effectively lose weight and maintain your positive results. Our treatments work to find the underlying cause of your weight issues, and rather than provide a ‘one size fits all’ approach, design a tailored and unique programs just for you and your health goals.
Bio-impedance analysis (BIA) is a pain-free test that determines how well your body is dealing with its current diet and lifestyle.
It a great tool to use with weight loss, as understanding what your body is made up of (i.e. fat, muscle, water retention), instead of just overall weight on the scales.
BIA gives you:
- Your current muscle and fat distribution and what ranges are healthy for your frame size
- The quality of your muscle cells and how well your muscles are functioning
- Cellular fluid balance, the integrity of your cells and where you are storing your fluid
- Hydration level and how much water your body requires daily
Your biological age
- Our BIA includes discussion on how best to improve these health markers to look, perform and feel better.
Where applicable, I am able to refer for a range of tests, which may provide insight into the root causes of your weight gain such as thyroid function and salivary hormone testing.
WHY DO I NEED TO DETOX?
Detoxing if an integral part of a healthy life, and can be the difference of you ‘thriving’ instead of just ‘surviving.’ In today’s modern world, with pollution and toxins in the air, stressful and busy lives, and eating/drinking foods which can negatively impact our health, it is important to detox on a regular basis.
Don’t I already detox everyday?
Although it’s true that even under stress, the liver and other organs of detoxification are able to complete the detoxification processes needed for us to survive, they often don’t work at the optimum capacity required to help us thrive. This is especially true when our system is overburdened by the byproducts of unhealthy eating and drinking choices, lack of exercise and fresh air and toxins which are present in our environment such as pollution, chemicals and pesticides.
How will I know I need to detox?
Once natural detoxification mechanisms become overworked, a range of signs and symptoms may develop which can include:
- Indigestion, constipation, diarrhea, stomach pain, or feeling sluggish or nauseous after eating
- Recurrent headaches or migraines
- Recurrent infections and poor immunity
- Mood disorders such as depression and anxiety, and mood swings
- Chronic fatigue and lethargy
- Food intolerances
- Hayfever or sinus issues
- Hormonal problems such as PMS or heavy, painful or irregular periods
- Difficulty with conceiving and fertility issues
- Weight gain or difficulty losing weight
- Skin conditions such as acne and eczema
- Poor short term memory and concentration
If you experience any of these signs and symptoms, it is likely that you will benefit from taking part in a detox program.
Read the full article on detoxing by our Naturopath Lou: Detoxing: is it a necessity or just an idea?
OUR DETOX PLANS
Detox programs are not one size fits all! Shift’s detox programs are designed by qualified healthcare practitioners and are tailored specifically to the individual. I take in to account your main health goals, signs and symptoms you may be experiencing, current medications, past health history, and your lifestyle.
I then use a combination of dietary recommendations, professional supplementation and lifestyle advice, so you get the best out of your detoxification and cleanse. Programs are generally 2, 4 or 6 weeks depending on the level of detoxification your body needs, but can work with you to design the best program that fits in with your busy lifestyle.
ACUPUNCTURE FOR WEIGHT LOSS + DETOX
Acupuncture may assist the body with weight loss and compliment a practitioner designed detoxification program. Acupuncture may help to stimulate a slow digestive system, regulate fluid metabolism and correct hormonal imbalances that may be contributing to difficulty losing weight.